Saturday, October 22, 2005

Art Happy

Last night Bre and I went to a 24 hour Painting Marithon held by COCA in Seattle. Chauney Peck, a friend of ours, was participating in the all-night madness just so that she could donate all that she makes to the COCA benefit auction happening tonight at 6pm. This event was way cool; besides the fact that we could watch and talk to 20 different artists in the process of making cool art, we also had a chance to preview what we wanted to snap up at the auction tonight. But even this wasn't the coolest part (at least for me).

The coolest part about this event was that it inspired me to make art.

I have had an idea for an art project that I have been sitting on for years now. The idea started back when I was taking art classes from Ed Wicklander at Evergreen. I was experimenting with different mixed media and three dimentional art projects and came across an idea. I toyed around with it a bit and then pretty much abandoned it because I didn't know what to do with it and couldn't figure out why I was doing what I was doing in the first place.

I have really been stuck in terms of making visual art for years now. I often attend art openings and events, but I really hadn't found what I was interested in exploring. But last night it really hit me that it isn't really about why you are doing it but just that you are in the process of making it.

Last night I sat up for a few hours after we came home and brainstormed all of the ideas I had for just this one topic. I came up with at least a year's work, and I had better get started. Stay tuned for new posts about art!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home